In a mulling spice ball, spice bag or tea strainer place:
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- zest of 1 orange
- 2 tsp whole cloves
- 3 whole green cardamon seeds
- 2 whole star anise (optional)
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 1/2 cups of red wine
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup sucanut OR 1 cup granulated sugar
- 380 grams fresh cranberries
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- filled mulling spice ball
Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Cranberry skins will split and *pop* and sauce will start to appear *glassy* when done. Remove the mulling spice ball and cinnamon sticks. Gently press with a potato masher 3 or 4 times.
Pour into jam pots ready to be devoured!