This long weekend, many families will come together and share a meal... perhaps brunch before the bunny delivered treats?
Here is a little nutrient dense, delicious inspiration from my kitchen...to get you through until the chocolately main course ;)
- Cut a large, ripe avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Scoop out a little bit of the inner part of the avocado if there is a small pit, so that you have a small well slightly bigger than an egg yolk. (Devour the scooped out avocado without anyone seeing...chefs treat;)
- Option: Place a tiny bit of yellow mustard in the well and gently spread throughout the well.
- Sprinkle the inner part of the avocado with a pinch of fresh cracked sea salt, paprika, cayenne pepper and fresh cracked pepper.
- Crack two eggs into a small dish being mindful not to break the yolks.
- Scoop out the yolk and gently place into each avocado well. Scoop as much of the egg white in as fits the well without spilling over. (you can save any extra egg white to add to baking or up coming meals with eggie goodness.)
- Option: Sprinkle with goat milk feta cheese.
- Place in 400C oven and watch like a hawk! There is a small window where the cheese is perfectly brown, the egg white is cooked and the yolk is still butter smooth. All ovens are slightly different, but my window is about 11 to 13 minutes of cooking time.
- Option: Garnish with fresh chives.
- Serve with a light cucumber tomato salad and you'll be at the front of the pack during the search for the goodies!
~ Liz xx